The Electrophysical Forum aims to provide an interactive platform for questions, comments, discussion and opinion related to the use of Electro Physical modalities in therapy. It is supported by an Internationally renowned expert panel and a broad sphere of clinicians, researchers, educators and students. Active participation is welcomed.

Ask a question and get it answered by your peers and respected experts

Answer a question and be recognised, raising your international profile

Create a link to us from your website, blog or social media platform.

Is Shock wave a contraindication or not for patients with a mixed connective tissue disease?

Dear Forum

Re: Is Shock wave appropriate ?

A patient has attended the Heel Pain Clinic in Morriston Hospital for bilateral Achilles Tendinopathy. Unfortunately she has failed a number of treatments on our pathway and is now in line for shock wave therapy. Her medical history includes mixed connective tissue disease and is medicated with hydroxicholoroquine. Is this a contra-indication for us to undertake the above treatment based on her medical history in your opinion.

Thanks

Anne- Marie Hutchison and Jon Neathey Heel Pain Clinic Morriston Hospital

Anne-Marie Hutchison

10 months ago

Back to General Electrotherapy

Post a reply

Cliff Eaton
Cliff Eaton

I am in agreement with Tim in that I am not aware of this condition or medication being contraindicated for Shockwave Therapy

Prof Tim Watson
Prof Tim Watson

People of the Forum. Anne-Marie e mailed me with this query and I said that I did know of anything that identified either the clinical presentation, nor the medication as a contraindication. I also suggested that she messaged the Forum in case anybody else was aware of anything that was relevant. Thanks. Tim

1-3 of 3

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: