The Electrophysical Forum aims to provide an interactive platform for questions, comments, discussion and opinion related to the use of Electro Physical modalities in therapy. It is supported by an Internationally renowned expert panel and a broad sphere of clinicians, researchers, educators and students. Active participation is welcomed.

Ask a question and get it answered by your peers and respected experts

Answer a question and be recognised, raising your international profile

Create a link to us from your website, blog or social media platform.

Low level laser dosage for deep tissue injury

Hi

I'm tryingto treat a chronic area of severe tissue and nerve damage to the jaw and neck area.
I've an old omega unit.

Multi wave probe red and infrared,
Total power 1090 mw. Just under 40 mw/cm2 power density. So 25 secs for 1 joules. /cm2. Its also got different pulse frequencies. Also got a 100mw 808 nm pen.

I've been treating it for c4 minutes x 4 areas every 4 days or so followup practitioners advice but not really getting anywhere.

I also do 1 min on Lymph point, liver etc.

Also if there's anything I can do to calm the Nervous system.
Someone suggested I also do LED pads in between.

Any advice much appreciated Thanks for your help

Anne A

3 months ago

Back to General Electrotherapy

Post a reply

Dr Ethne Nussbaum
Dr Ethne Nussbaum

Hi Anne. This sounds like a difficult case. Is your present goal to decrease your patient's pain or to promote tissue healing. My experience does not match your situation wrt the laser you are using, therefore might not apply. I suggest that 10J/cm^2 may be a high dose given that the soft tissue around the neck is a relatively thin layer. Possibly try a much lower dose - 4J/cm^2 or less, for pain. Target the facial nerve in front of the ear. Try a few treatments before reassessing effect. Ethne

Jessica Nelson, Omega Laser Systems
Jessica Nelson, Omega Laser Systems

Hi Anne, If you would like to give me a call we can discuss this particular case in more detail and see if I can help with additional suggestions re protocols Jessica Nelson, Omega Laser Systems 01787477551

1-3 of 3

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: