The Electrophysical Forum aims to provide an interactive platform for questions, comments, discussion and opinion related to the use of Electro Physical modalities in therapy. It is supported by an Internationally renowned expert panel and a broad sphere of clinicians, researchers, educators and students. Active participation is welcomed.

Ask a question and get it answered by your peers and respected experts

Answer a question and be recognised, raising your international profile

Create a link to us from your website, blog or social media platform.

Whats the best current to use for a obstetric brachial plexus palsy (C5,C^6, C7 and T1), now he has 3 moths (2 in therapy) but non quirugical treatment yet. One option to try to get more better results on d enervate muscles

3 old month baby right side C5 c6 c7 Erb duchenne

Jorge Adrian Valverde Arras

3 weeks ago

Back to General Electrotherapy

Post a reply

avalverde14457
avalverde14457

Today was a big surprise for me that baby had a big recovery on movement from their complete upper limb. (open finger, elbow flex-extension by his own, limited movement for shoulder) After birth, we wait 1 month to touch skin (avoid paint sensation) 2nd month used texture to control sensibilities and limited mobilization. 3rd month we used a conventional TENS for electro stimulation (d enervated nerves). During the 3rd and 4th moth, 2 weeks ago, we make a complimentary therapy with Vojta. And we had a very quickly positive results.

We will continue with electro stimulation (tens) even if positive results continues. So, if any experienced clinicians has another opinion i will like to try another positive ways to improve. I'll try to get experiences to get a protocol to deal with this kind of pathology. Regards

Dr Ethne Nussbaum
Dr Ethne Nussbaum

A most unfortunate injury. Good results can be expected when there are early signs of recovery. You do not mention if there are any encouraging signs of recovery in this baby. I have considerable experience treating denervated muscles in adults. I have never treated babies with Erb's Palsey. The electrical stimulation would not likely be tolerated because of intact skin sensation. I wonder if any one else among our experienced clinicians has a view on this.

1-3 of 3

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: